Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fresh rebuild on turbo and not used since

Turbo powered car to a 12.48 quarter on street tires.

T3/T04E
57mm compressor wheel
Stage 3 turbine wheel (TC-3)
.63 A/R housing
TURBO IS GOOD FOR UP TO 475 HP

Turbo comes with shim to space turbo off manifold for the compressor housing to fit. T04E has a slightly bigger compressor housing than T04B. Turbo also comes with 3 mandrel bent down pipe with fitting for O2 sensor in stock location. Studs on exhaust manifold will need to be changed for longer studs because of thicker flange on turine housing. Turbo, shim and 3 downpipe with O2 boss welded in:
$700

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> fresh rebuild on turbo and not used since

> Turbo powered car to a 12.48 quarter on
> street tires.

> T3/T04E
> 57mm compressor wheel
> Stage 3 turbine wheel (TC-3)
> .63 A/R housing
> TURBO IS GOOD FOR UP TO 475 HP

> Turbo comes with shim to space turbo off
> manifold for the compressor housing to fit.
> T04E has a slightly bigger compressor
> housing than T04B. Turbo also comes with
> 3 mandrel bent down pipe with fitting
> for O2 sensor in stock location. Studs on
> exhaust manifold will need to be changed for
> longer studs because of thicker flange on
> turine housing. Turbo, shim and 3
> downpipe with O2 boss welded in:
> $700

Sorry to be blunt and nosey, I was just wondering how much you payed for the the turbo and pieces . Sorry about the car, looks like an excuse to upgrade . I enjoy your writeups, like my dad always says keep the shiny side up son .

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, unfortunately the upgrades to the turbo which led to what I have ran about $1500 when all said and done. This price reflects several iterations of upgrades, about 5-6 in all. If you were to buy this turbo outright you are looking at about $850-$900. I have port matched the turbo to the manifold and done porting around the internal wastegate to keep from having boost creep. The wastegate actuator was modified to fit the T04E compressor side. The down pipe will run about $125-$150 for mandrell bent with O2 boss welded. The down pipe extends below the car until it runs parallel with the ground. The oil return was also modified to work for the Z car. I would be willing to throw in the portmatched/modified exhaust manifold in exchange for a stock one.

·
Registered
368 Posts
> fresh rebuild on turbo and not used since

> Turbo powered car to a 12.48 quarter on
> street tires.

> T3/T04E
> 57mm compressor wheel
> Stage 3 turbine wheel (TC-3)
> .63 A/R housing
> TURBO IS GOOD FOR UP TO 475 HP

> Turbo comes with shim to space turbo off
> manifold for the compressor housing to fit.
> T04E has a slightly bigger compressor
> housing than T04B. Turbo also comes with
> 3 mandrel bent down pipe with fitting
> for O2 sensor in stock location. Studs on
> exhaust manifold will need to be changed for
> longer studs because of thicker flange on
> turine housing. Turbo, shim and 3
> downpipe with O2 boss welded in:
> $700

Well, I could be interested depending on your location. Definitely a good asking price. I am the type who likes to pick up the product myself and pay on site.
Also, what type of HP #'s did it produce for your ride?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in Tallahassee, FL. The car has dynoed 365 hp at the wheel running 20 psi of boost. The turbo is at Majestic Turbo and I could have it mailed to you from there. They are doing the rebuild, new balance and bearings. The turbo was running just fine when taken from the car and had only been on since august. I don't know if you had read the previous post, but I am willing to trade my modified exhaust manifold for a stock turbo manifold. The reason for the sale is to help pay for the new turbo, 60-1 big shaft turbo. I have built the motor to handle up to 600 hp, but am looking to get 550 hp on race gas. Need some margin of safety.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.