ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I on crack or did I read once that their was a turbo that worked with carbs called a soft turbo or something that could go with a 240. i heard it did not make much Boost maybe 6-10 but could work with carbs. SO is their such a thing or are their only turbos for the 280ZX. i don't want to get a 280ZX engine i want to keep my 240 but I want HP.

BC

·
Registered
183 Posts
> Am I on crack or did I read once that their
> was a turbo that worked with carbs called a
> soft turbo or something that
> could go with a 240.

***You're not on crack, it exists. The world famous? Wangan Midnite Z of Japan is an S30Z
twin turbo carbed engine putting out 600HP!

I don't know about any kit but I know it's been done on many L-engines. One shop i know made one
but with less HP.

·
Registered
650 Posts
> ***You're not on crack, it exists. The world
> famous? Wangan Midnite Z of Japan is an S30Z
> twin turbo carbed engine putting out 600HP!

> I don't know about any kit but I know it's
> been done on many L-engines. One shop i know
> made one
> but with less HP.

well, i have a 71 with an L28 swap, and right now ive been speaking with ian who frequents this message board and has a Z shop down in fresno. hes helping me put together a turbo for my Z. so far what he has taught me, cuzz i dont know much about forced induction, is that it is a direct draw setup, working off of a single sidedraft carb. due to the fact that it isnt intercooled, the boost is limited to 6-7 pounds. i dont mind though. so if you can find ian maybe you can talk to him =)-ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.