ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wouldnt do this but i was curious to know how often it is that someone slaps a turbo on an na engine without it detonating and how much boost they could safely (safely?) push

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I believe that Jason84NA2T on z31.com strapped the turbo he is using to a Non-turbo engine. He also has his own website that may have more information on that. You can find him on the forums of z31.com:

Jason84NA2T's website

If it were me I would go the mile however and swap the turbo engine in. Then again I believe last time I heard Jason84NA2T was pulling 12's in the quarter mile and using nitrous as well so...

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
If you "slap" a turbo onto any engine, I would bet it will detonate. If you Thoughtfully plan youre conversion, use the right parts, and do it RIGHT it will be fine. Im sure Jason did more than just "slap" a turbo onto an N/A block. You need ignition modification, fuel mods, ect... Anyway dont "slap" anything onto an engine unless you want a "slap" in the face when your car blows.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Everyone is wrong...I have a t3 "slapped" on my n/a block and I run 15psi....you cant be a moron though...without an intercooler, with 93 octane, you can run stock boost. I have an mkiv intercooler with 2.5" piping, plus all exhaust intake, not cat, and all the **** and I have had it like this for 2 years running the **** out of it at the track etc..I run mid 13's and its running perfect..so yes you can "slap" a turbo on the side of an n/a block

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
but you need more than just the turbo to make it work. Turbo injectors, ECU, intake piping, etc...it's more than just "slapping" the turbo on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.