Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Have anyone done a turbo conversion into a 79 280ZX? I 've just found out a problem today with my conversion. My turbo drive shaft is 1inch shorter than what's needed. My car is a 79 280ZX that came with the R180 stock and I did replaced the rear A-arms from a turbo car but not the rear cross member. The R200 fits in there without a problem but today I put the drive shaft on and it is 1 inch short. hmmm.. is the 79 body longer than the 81-83 body? Anyone have any explaination would be a great help.. Thanks

Anyway I also discovered something else after this. I have the 84 Maxima 4 speeds auto trans and this trans is about 1inch longer than the turbo auto 3 speeds trans. and I been wanting to have a 4 speeds auto trans so I will put this trans into the car. The drive shaft fit this Maxima trans fine. All I have to do is to make a trans. mount.. ...Thanks god that I have lots of Nissan parts laying around... :eek:) .. As a conclusion if anyone is doing the same conversion as me just keep this in mind.. Later
Vinh
http://vvu.tripod.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
um dude.... im not z expert and i havnt ever owned one... and i know im only 18 but the drive shaft on the turbo should have nothing to do with its mountability. i bet your talking about the drive shaft and not the turbo shaft... cause i think 1 inch on a turbo shaft would be qutie exteme... theres only so much room between the two impellors. lol....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.