ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used Nitrous Oxide on a 3.1 Turbo engine already making 350hp @ 15psi? I am toying with the idea of 150Hp shot on top of the 15psi. That would bump the engine up to 500hp (theoretically) and probably put my car into the 11's. However, I am worried that the cylinder pressures would be too high, causing piston failure, rod failure, or block failure, or all of the above.

The engine is built with JE forged pistons (8:1 cr), ARP head, rod, and main studs/bolts, L24 9mm rods, deisel crank, F54 block, P90 head, sheetmetal intake manifold, hybrid turbo, etc.

Assuming that the timing is properly retarded under NOS operation, and detonation is kept out, would there still be a danger of the engine becoming a scud missle?

Ian

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have run NOS on Turbo

it was with my old 2.8 setup when I was making about [email protected] and sprayed a 65 shot ontop of 18psi of boost. You should have no problems, but will have to run race gas to do it safely. I would crank out about 3-4 degrees of timing when you hit it with a 150shot. When I ran the 65 shot I did not touch the timing and only added the race gas. The timing was already conservative for race gas so there were no worries.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.