ZCar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
yes, you can do it. i have it done on my 76.
stock internals.

Bon

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
well, it depends on your preference. i chose to use the n/a components because i wanted to have the original engine in the car.

1. you can get the parts from a turbo car and swap everything out and use on your L28E motor and set it up like the the stock turbo 280zx:

-afm
-distrubitor
-wiring harness
-ecu
-injectors
-throttle body
-exhaust manifold
-turbo & piping, etc...
-fuel pump

2. use the stock components already on your engine, but swap the turbo afm (you will need to swap out the turbo circuit board with you n/a board), this way your stock ecu works with the stock afm electronics and the stock wiring harness, only you have the bigger & lighter turbo afm. you still have to use a bigger throttle body (i have one from a BMW), bigger injectors, better fuel pump, and you will probably have to advance the timing. it sounds kind of complicated to do it this way, but it does work and other people have done it. you can run a bigger turbo and get a custom header, intercooler, etc... u just have to be careful with how much boost you want to run with this setup.

3. do a complete turbo swap -including the engine, and all electrical related parts.

bon

·
Super Moderator
41,003 Posts
I did it in 1985.
The F54 is not "all it"!

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
The N42 block is a fragile egg that will fail with in any boosted application over 2psi. Stick with the F54 which is proven to handle 100psi boosted VTEC turbos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts