ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a manual on how to tune or clean the triple mikuni carbs, i 'm pretty sure that its clogged. Do you know of a way to un-clog it , would it be better if i rebuilt them (i'd only do that to learn how they worked) i've never worked on carbs, is it easy???

·
Super Moderator
41,005 Posts
yes

there is a manual

how did you determine it was "clogged" and what exactly does "clogged" mean?

I sent a perfectly good set of carburettors (webers, close enough) that RAN on a car the week before I shipped them. The new owner got them on the car, and then proclaimed to me they were "clogged" as no gas was getting into them.

Are you him?

Amazingly, nobody ever tried a gentle tap on the needle and seat area to dislodge a possibly sticking needle and seat assembly from being inverted during shipping.
Instead they removed the set, and proclaimed they needed a "rebuild"...

So maybe they will spend a bunch of money, and then they will work--I'd suggest you read the book first, before any more attempts at "repair"...

The first thing you will learn is terminology. Learning the terms about a symptom will greatly aid those who are trying to help.

·
Registered
660 Posts
ebay

You can sometimes find owners manuals for these carbs on ebay. As Tony suggested, educate yourself first and then decide what to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.