ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How if i can would tune the idle so its a little higher on my 280zx non-turbo. Also can i get performance chips for it?

come.to/izcar

·
Registered
432 Posts
I believe there may be a stop screw on the bottom of the throttle body - I know there is on an earlier fuel injected Z, but I forget about the ZX. If the screw exists, you will see where it comes up from the underside of the throttle body and stops the butterfly arm. The screw would be on the side of the throttle body closest to the motor toward the front. It is a bear to get to - you have to break loose a small retaining nut to get the screw to turn. Might be in your best interest to remove the throttle body altogether instead of trying in vain to get a wrench up underneath to break it free. Once it is broken free you can put it back on the car and use a screwdriver from the bottom side and adjust the screw. That's about all I know. Hope this helps.

Tim

> How if i can would tune the idle so its a
> little higher on my 280zx non-turbo. Also
> can i get performance chips for it?

> come.to/izcar

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the driver side near the front of the car on the throttle body, (looks like metal tubes connected to the injectors) there is the idle adjustment screw. it faces upward, and car be reached with a medium sized screwdriver. That is, after the cover cap is removed.

You cannot get performance chips for an 82 non turbo. The car was not operated by a computer as the Turbo models were. The N/A's are all vaccuumm controlled. So Alas, we (I own an 82 N/A) cannot benefit from those ass kicking chips.

JoeZ

> I believe there may be a stop screw on the
> bottom of the throttle body - I know there
> is on an earlier fuel injected Z, but I
> forget about the ZX. If the screw exists,
> you will see where it comes up from the
> underside of the throttle body and stops the
> butterfly arm. The screw would be on the
> side of the throttle body closest to the
> motor toward the front. It is a bear to get
> to - you have to break loose a small
> retaining nut to get the screw to turn.
> Might be in your best interest to remove the
> throttle body altogether instead of trying
> in vain to get a wrench up underneath to
> break it free. Once it is broken free you
> can put it back on the car and use a
> screwdriver from the bottom side and adjust
> the screw. That's about all I know. Hope
> this helps.

> Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.