ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father bought the Z brand new in 72, and I(19 years old) now am in love with the car. I have done a lot of work on the car-reupholstered seats, cleaned 20something years of grime off of the mags, replaced brake master cylinder, clutch master&slave, etc.-I have a pretty good sense of the car and mechanics in general. My question is what is the best way to tune the car up to get maximum horsepower and efficiency without changing it too much?(I want to keep it pretty much stock and classic) My usual tune ups include new plugs, wires, dist.cap, points, oil&filter, and a little slick 50 in the tank. Is there anything else I can or should do to improve performance and have the car run like new?(engine was rebuilt in 90 and has about95k on it.) THANKS!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ztherapy has a very nice video for $15 which shows you how to adjust the valves, rebuild/adjust the carbs, and stretch the timing chain. There's a few other miscellaneous common repairs as well. It was a big help for me since I've never done these things before.

http://www.ztherapy.com or if you want to pay $30 for it you can get it from Victoria British.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.