ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a twin turbo motor fit in a nonturbo Z? (couldn't resist)

ok, took apart the TT donor passenger kickpanel...what needs to be moved over to the slicktop besides the ECU? what is the silver/metallick unit to the right of the ECU in the kickpanel?
as far as wiring...there is the harness that comes off the ECU that obviously needs to be moved over...what about the other wiring harnesses?
thanks guys!
dave

Post Edited (Jan 5, 6:44pm)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hold on...the 91 slicktop engine harness will plug into the TT ECU? now i'm really confused...
dave

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
The NA and TT ECU use the same connector and pin out for all the common connections. The NA harness will not have the connections that are turbo specific (example: boost control solenoids). All of the other connections are pin for pin compatable.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so what are most people doing? i assume moving over the TT engine harness?
dave

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
2nd buying a new harness. The old harness and connectors are most likely in pretty bad shape. Just remember that if you use the NA harness you need to have a boost controller of some type and safety boost control is no longer present.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, very helpful.
Will a 91 harness fit my 93TT injectors? do i need to solder the connections or is there a place to unsnap/snap in my TT's?
dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.