ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
depends on vendor, anywhere from 2-4 grand and yeah its the whole front half of the car, and usually includes body panels, suspension, etc....

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you buy a tt motor with the IC pipes and stuff? or better to buy just the motor from a vendor and buy the pipes from someone else when you see someone selling them? i'm asking cause i'm thinking of selling my car and build a TT convertible.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
in the long run, its just easier to get a clip, but you can piece it together

i have weighed the option for a long time and ive decided on going with a clip

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Yes. And 2nd on buying the front clip. Then you won't have to worry about a vendor having cut or damaged anything on your engine. And you'll have spare parts to sell (brakes, suspension, etc)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
yeah they come rhd, and you have to switch some things around to work

heres something simple you can do, add up how much you can piece it together, and then put that against a clip-granted the clip has everything youll need minus the upgrades you will need/want clutch/flywheel, ecu, 60k tune up kit, downpipes/testpipes etc. etc.

to me the prices are comparable but theres that safety with a clip that you have everything and you will be able to see how it came apart so you can put it in.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
it really depends, have you found one? or are you looking for one?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
easy figure at least 9 grand for the swap, then figure in suspension/brakes/wheels/tires etc....

how much do you want to get out of your car, and could you either post some pics of it or email my some

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
i've seen decent convertibles needing engine work in the $4k range.
dave

·
Registered
311 Posts
no $h!t, man.. that's a gorgeous car... why get rid of it? Just put the same amount of money into the one you have and make it a monster.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
ill trade you straight across

j/k

and yes it is a great looking z

Post Edited (Jan 12, 6:54pm)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Black I feel you, That is why I am putting so much into my Z. It is a 5 speed convertible just screaming for a turbo swap. Here in phoenix, the mechanic attached to Coz's shop quoted me 1500.00 for the swap not including the front clip. I am sure there will be incidentals and i will want to upgrade someday but for now 400-450 HP and topless is too much to resist.

Go for it...After all they are just cars.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
you do realize however you will want to uprade a lot to 500hp

but i agree with you both, it would be very nice to have a tt vert, and owning one already makes me want it even more, but it does what it is supposed to for now.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yeah i've gotten quotes from pitstop (Coz's sister shop), they told it it would be 1200-1700 for the swap plus the front clip which will be around 2-3000 (i think that's what he said). So they are going to be doing the swap when i get the money together but im going to go the other route, im going to get larger turbos from the start so the engine doesn't have to be pulled at once.

Now my question is does anyone know how many miles usually a frontclip comes with, because i was told with about 60k give or take.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.