ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trying to Estimate Turbo Engine cost

309 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  300zxt 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm really fixated on swapping my N/A to a Turbo...I was wondering how much Turbo engines normally run? For instance, if you guys had to search for a Turbo Engine or Car what's the highest you would pay for it knowing you're just gonna swap the engine and scrap the rest? Or try and sell it?

#2 ·
Best route to take is buying a turbo parts car. You should pay no more than $1,000 for a turbo parts car (unless you want to pull an engine with crazy low miles). There is more too it then just the motor and the turbo. There are several additional parts that you can hunt down and pay lots for but why bother when you can get it all at once and for much, much less!

Pegasus - are you going to be at the Gateway Z show Sept 25th?

#3 ·
Yeah speaking from experience buy a turbo parts car so you don't have to go hunt down all the little things and then you will have the LSD to swap in too and other things like the 5lug pattern and such :)

#6 ·
Sounds like I am :). Plans are all clear but I'm worried because I won't be leaving the Lake of the Ozarks until about 9 AM in the morning so I'm really going to have to move fast. I need to get in touch with the event holders and see if I can get any registration out of the way ahead of time.

I'm planning on being there, although solo, my wife has big exams to study for.

Z ya there!

#8 ·
Pegasus - I here that loud and clear. I may not register mine either, with that thought in mind, as it is definitely far from show quality at this time. It is all a matter of $$$ to me. DAMNIT! Hehe, oh well, very much looking forward to the show anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.