ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 84 300zx Turbo. And when you start it up for the first time in the morning its missing really bad. You push the peddle to the floor and it chocks and sputters and when it hits roughly 2500rpms then it takes off and sounds good. It drives the same way you go and pull out and it chockes and bariley goes. Then when the rpms get up there it takes off. And it only does it mostley when it is cold. It inproves a little when it warms up. But still hesitates with allmost every gear.

I already changed the plugs and the cap and roter and it made an improvment but not all the way there yet.

So what could it be? Im open to any suggestions. I think its got to do with emissions.

Oh and I think that whoever designed where the plugs go on my car needs to be shot. They where definetley not thinking about how difficult it was going to be.

Thanks.
Carl

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the CHTS? Not to sure what that is.

And the o2 sensor, where is that located on my vehicle? Is it the one on the exahst (Sorry for the spelling) pipe?

And where is the oil pressure sending unit located on my engine? My pressure gage is maxed out high and dont know where the sending unit is to check it out.

Post Edited (Jun 8, 5:46pm)

·
Registered
145 Posts
the CHTS is the cylinder head temperature sensor. it is located on the front of the engine on the front of the driversside head. you cant really get to it unless everything is off of the front of the engine.

the oxygen sensor is also located on the drivers side of the engine bay on the down pipe. look down in between the brake master cylinder and engine ( i know, kinda general, but you cant miss it.

the oil pressure sending unit is located next to the oil filter on the passenger side of the block

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.