ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I took my see out around the neighborhood to test the brakes.(I just replaced the entire system) While out the battery tipped in it's tray and grounded against the valve cover. Now if I try to start it, it will start if it has been sitting for awhile and revs as long as I give it gas. Once my foot comes off the accelerator the engine fades and cuts off. Once it cuts off I might be able to start it once more but after that it won't start. Everything seems to be cranking but the gas just won't come by it self. The fuel pump is also only two years old. I would appreciate any suggestions or help. Thanks.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OUCH - Fried Electronics

> Last week I took my see out around the
> neighborhood to test the brakes.(I just
> replaced the entire system) While out the
> battery tipped in it's tray and grounded
> against the valve cover. Now if I try to
> start it, it will start if it has been
> sitting for awhile and revs as long as I
> give it gas. Once my foot comes off the
> accelerator the engine fades and cuts off.
> Once it cuts off I might be able to start it
> once more but after that it won't start.
> Everything seems to be cranking but the gas
> just won't come by it self. The fuel pump is
> also only two years old. I would appreciate
> any suggestions or help. Thanks.

I take it the positive grounded to the valve cover?? If yes, all the juice in the battery surged through your eletronics ... more than likely fried some components. I think this is what I'm dealing with on a 76 I just picked up, as the battery was lose and the previous owner had electrical tape on the body next to the positive post. I,m getting close to switching out the ecu, running out of other things to fix/clean/replace. Hopefully I'm wrong in your case and someone has an eaiser answer...good luck,
gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.