ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, my z will start and will run, idle and rev for the most part without dying, for the most part. Here is my problem i can drive it for about a block then it will die. When I get it to start again (after a few min.) it will start then die almost immediatly. When I get it to start again i hold the accelorator at about 2K then the rpms go down until it dies however the accelorator is in the same place the whole time. This same scenario has happend twice. I don't know what to think except fuel pressure problems. also it doesnt have the stock electric fuel pump.

mods to consider: arizona z car four barrel intake manifold with holley 390, wild camshaft, oversized pistons, and a few other things.

Please help me i need to fix this car.

TroyLTD

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
get a fuel pressure tester going. Also make sure nothing is clogged, like fuel.

·
Registered
15,301 Posts
Check plugs to make sure they are not carboned up with black soot.

EFI fault can cause *very* rich burn and your plugs will be thick with soot and kill the car's ability to drive.

·
Registered
800 Posts
sounds like the pump is dying under a load.; What fuel pump are you using. Electric or stock mechanical?

Post Edited (Oct 18, 11:13pm)

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Does certainly sound like a fuel delivery problem.

Year / model.....???

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the exact same problem, I was out of gas. I had two different types of injectors in the engine which, when the pump stopped grabbing fuel, caused the 4 lower rated injectors to hit, but there wasn't enough pressure for the other 2. Thought I had blown the engine.

Don't ask why I had diferent injectors, bought the z that way.

·
Registered
156 Posts
This could also be the PU coil in the dizzy dieing from heat. Check the archives for intermittent stalling. Do you have a FSM? Procedure for checking is in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.