ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what a setup like this would sell for,it appears to be complete.
This setup has velocity stacks,air cleaners,linkage and it looks like new,I was thinking of asking him if he'll take $500 for them, is that a good deal or about average? I dont want to run them unless I can get them cheap,I still like the preditor
thats on my ride now and cant justify changing if theres no financial and H.P. gain.
Is there any of you that might be interested in this set up? If so E mail me back and maybe we can work it out

· Registered
5,961 Posts
Oh goodness are the anti-4bbl people ever gonna tear you up when they read this. lol. I gave $500 for a set with no air cleaners or velocity stacks and stil feel I got a good deal. You have no idea how many times people, usually at gas stations or autocrosses, ask to buy my webers. I've had several offers of $1000!

You will get a HP boost mostly in the upper rpm range but you'll have to get them jetted right and each motor is different. If they are setup for a L28 then it may be fairly cheap but once you start building a jet collection it's easy to ge another couple hundred in them.

btw; I also have 2 4bbl manifolds left, used to run one and it worked well but the webers work quite a bit better.

Matt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.