ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which has more HP, better drivability, easier to tune, cheaper, and over all just better??

Dustin

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: Triple SU VS. Triple Webbers.....</b>

Dustin,

Cheaper???? I was doing just fine until I saw cheaper... Running triples isn't really cheap....

I like the Webers... but they can be costly... I would think the tripe SU's would be lower in cost... But the Webers sure look great.

Dennis

·
Registered
482 Posts
Which has more HP - Webers, no doubt.

better drivability - Could be the SU's, but properly jetted Webers work great. Problem is getting them jetted correctly.

easier to tune - Some say SU, but I find Webers easy to tune if you know what you are doing. But for novices, SU's are probably easier.

cheaper - Used Triples with manifold probably $800.00 USD.
Triple SU setup probably $500-800 USD. I'm guessing, so ask Preston Pratt for a more definite answer.

and over all just better - Well here's where my bias comes in. I've been a Weber guy all my life. Ran them on VW, Porsche, and now Datsun. I'm quite comftorable with them, and they are infinitely adjustable. Different choke sizes, jets and so forth make them very tuneable. But, that can also be a downside, since you need to know what you are doing, or you can waste a lot of time and money trying to get them just right.

Dave

·
Registered
78 Posts
Triple Webers have more horse. But really hard to balance and tune.

Triple SU's are easy to tune and balance but to find parts for it is very hard, plus you probably have to find a special manofold for it.

Getting Triple Webers, you get a complete kit fro manofolds, throttle linkages and, hardware.And expensive.

I have triple Mikuni carbs on my 74 260 Z, and they work great. Very powerful!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.