ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I;m oging to need to replace my transmission (5-speed). A friend of mine has a tranny to sell, says its in great condition except for the fact that when you shift it into 5th, you have to hold it or else it will pop back out. Does anyone know about the range I would have to pay to get that part of the tranny repaired. He's gonna sell it to me for $75 so if i can keep the price under 500, ill be very happy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume that swapping out trannies is fairly painless.? Anyway, but does anyone think that the cost to fix that tranny would be alot. I'd reather have a tranny that actually works and is 100% good condition, cuz if i go to a junker then I cant be sure that there isnt something wrong with it.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
>when you shift it into 5th, you have to hold it or else it will pop back out.

"Great" condition huh; really sounds like it too :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well its better than mine, where there is a constant rattle noise, and my 5th gear has any insanely ****** up gear and rattles when you accelerate. Thats why i was debating fixing the other one, cuz the gears are fine and dont grind, problaby just have to replace a the locking mechanism in it. I f i go to the junkyard i could end up wiht a tranny just like mine, which would defeat the purpose.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Just bite the bullet and get your current one fully reconditioned; I personally dont see the point in replacing a screwed up transmission with another slightly less screwed up transmission. The only other option I would even consider is to goto a "reputable" wreckers and find a transmission there that's in good working order and one they're prepared to exchange/swap if it's not when you first bolt it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.