ZCar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing the shifter into my transmission, I noticed the end of the machined tube (where the gear selector mechanism slides back and forth) is open. On some of the diagrams I've found online, there's supposed to be a plug (looks like an engine block freeze plug) but no name or part number is listed. I didn't find any aftermarket suppliers for it, either.

Does anyone know where it can be found, or should I just measure the I.D. and see if the local parts house can find a freeze plug to match?

Thanks!

·
Registered
773 Posts
After installing the shifter into my transmission, I noticed the end of the machined tube (where the gear selector mechanism slides back and forth) is open. On some of the diagrams I've found online, there's supposed to be a plug (looks like an engine block freeze plug) but no name or part number is listed. I didn't find any aftermarket suppliers for it, either.

Does anyone know where it can be found, or should I just measure the I.D. and see if the local parts house can find a freeze plug to match?

Thanks!
This guy actually had the same exact problem: https://forums.hybridz.org/topic/91889-trans-leak-from-shifter-assembly/

I'd suggest reading into this thread.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, saw that one, but no real solution aside from "my shop ordered a few plugs and we found one that fit. We could not find a part number for the plug on the end so we just measured the hole and ordered some in that size to see what fit best."

I went to my local parts house and (understandably) they can only find freeze plugs based on what make/model/year engine you have. I'll keep poking around. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts