ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Depends, if you have a parts car or know of a car at a local wrecking yard with intact manual tranny parts, I'd say the rating to be about 3 or 4. There is no drilling to be done, just need clutch, brake pedals, master cylinder hydralic line, actuator. clutch and flywheel.
Good luck.
tom

·
Premium Member
40,971 Posts
2.5 if you have the parts like he said, 3 or 4 if you're dropping in a complete 5-speed driveline (with differential) out of a 280ZX N/A, maybe 6 if you go with a turbo diff with CV joints. A BMW 750iL V12 swap is a 10+, using an R-200 ;-) !

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm about to do one myself. Be sure to get the pedal bracket assembly (looks like a bitch to install), engine backing plate (different on standard), boots for the shifter/console and hard line between the clutch slave cylinder and clutch master cylinder. You will also need to install a pilot bushing in the end of the crankshaft. Driveshaft should bolt right up and you may have to tinker with the speedometer cable gear.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm getting ready to by my first Z -- finally! I've found two, a '75 280Z with auto and a 77 280Z parts car with a 4-spd. I want to pull the 4-spd from the parts car and put it in the 75. I found this message in the archives and wanted to find out if you did this and how it went.

What should I expect to encounter?

thanks ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.