Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all z east
I've got a problem you might be able to help me out with. I have my tranny all unbolted and ready to pull but for some reason it won't come out. I've pulled on it and lowered it more so that it can just slide out but neither way has worked. Can someone please help me so that I can get my Z back on the road.

thanx

cole

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
> hey all z east
> I've got a problem you might be able to help
> me out with. I have my tranny all unbolted
> and ready to pull but for some reason it
> won't come out. I've pulled on it and
> lowered it more so that it can just slide
> out but neither way has worked. Can someone
> please help me so that I can get my Z back
> on the road.

> thanx

> cole
Cole, I assume you are talking about a manual transmission, I also am going to assume that you have the starter, and all other bolts, and mounts
off. The only other things that could be holding it, are the dowel pins, or the friction of the
splines into the clutch, if the car has sat for a long time. In any case, you may have to pry it apart, once started it will pop right out. If all you have are flat screwdrivers, you could start by tapping a small one in the gap, then going to a larger one, as you work your way around it keeping it even. If it won't budge, then there must be a bolt still holding it. Check the pilot
bushing, and lightly grease the splines when you reinstall it, we use white lithium grease.
We had a racer needing a transmission quick one time, and we pulled one for him in 12 minutes.
Two us of, and we torched the driveline, and mounts off. And he didn't think he could wait!
good luck, and let me know, Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.