ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, wonder if yall missed me been a while since i posted, **** yall probably dont remeber me neways so newho here i go. i moved out to the country a cpl months back, well my car got stuck in the mud and to make a long story short by the time i got it out with my buddies, i blew out 1st gear in my auto tranny. well my buddy has a NA 5 spd donor car i can take the tranny from so i want to convert my TURBO AUTO to 5spd, my main question is the computer, can i use mine or do i need to get a turbo 5 spd computer? ne help is apreciated. thanks

·
Registered
958 Posts
yes! you do need to swap the ECU. I do remember you as well. By the way, Farva drives a Z28, not a Z31. :-(. lol. Allways wanted to tell you that. Anyway do a search and you will come up with all your information.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha but this farva drives both 85 300zx and 83 Z28 with 355 swaped in place of the dinky 305. haha thanks all!!! so i was just gone but not forgotten lol.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I am pretty sure that a auto ecu will work in a 5 speed car (most noticable difference is the quicker drop of rpm's between shifts).but a 5 speed ecu will not work in an auto.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well thanks for all the help ill just do the swap give her a quick spin and see if she works well, if not ill swap them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.