Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals.
I have an 83 280zx 2+2 and I believe that the tranny went out of it. Does anybody have any tips on how easy it is to rebuild it, what it costs, what parts I will need etc. Also is there any other type of 5 speed tranny that will bolt up and work in a Z with minimal effort. And does anyone have a 5 speed dirt cheap that they would want to get rid of. Also I have a 4 speed for sale out of a 76 280z that is in excellent condition. Please e-mail me or write back on the forum if you have any info for me or if you just want to talk about z cars, the best cars ever made.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
> Hey guys and gals.
> I have an 83 280zx 2+2 and I believe that
> the tranny went out of it. Does anybody have
> any tips on how easy it is to rebuild it,
> what it costs, what parts I will need etc.
> Also is there any other type of 5 speed
> tranny that will bolt up and work in a Z
> with minimal effort. And does anyone have a
> 5 speed dirt cheap that they would want to
> get rid of. Also I have a 4 speed for sale
> out of a 76 280z that is in excellent
> condition. Please e-mail me or write back on
> the forum if you have any info for me or if
> you just want to talk about z cars, the best
> cars ever made.
Cole, you didn't describe the symptons, but we do rebuilds on the 5spds, and sell bearing/seal rebuild kits, with or without brass, as well as used transmission parts.
You may want to install your 4 spd temporarily, so you are still on the road. Any of the z 5spds,
or rwd maximas will bolt in and work. You may run into problems with the speedo not being correct unless you match trans with differential, or change speedo drive gear to match.
Also, be very careful to match your throwout bearing sleeve with the corresponding clutch setup, or you may do the job twice. For example if your clutch worked fine, and you are not replacing it, transfer the t/o sleeve unto the replacement transmission. If you, or anyone needs transmission parts, or a rebuilt one, please type, or phone us at 1-800-533-5659 m-f 8-5 pst
What was the problem with your trans? thanks, Joe
p.s We also sell Daikin clutch kits for 2 seater for 100.00+ shipping. 2+2's are a little higher.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.