ZCar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is a 75 Z. Born with a four speed but I put in a 5 speed. Not really important. I have been reading posts about changing Tranny and Diff fluids because I am about to do it. I am pretty sure I saw a post that the tranny fill plug was on the driver's side. But I didn't think so. And sure enough it is on the passenger side. I also read a post that the diff fill plug was on the drivers side. So I looked. Couldn't find. I started looking on my own and found the fill plug on the back cover panel. Not sure of why the inconsistencies.
Hopefully I can crack them!

Thanks,
GT75Z

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Not sure why a routine service item is hard to get to. Make sure you get the right trans fluid! Some are not friendly to some of the metals inside these transmissions. I'm using Redline MT 90 in my 5sp and 75w 90 in the diff.

·
Registered
756 Posts
It's always a good idea to make sure you can open the Fill plug on a tranny BEFORE you remove the Drain plug.

Being unable to re-fill the transmission is highly inconvenient.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Yes I am using the same Redline oils as Bificus, if they would just get here. Ordered them from Amazon and shipments are a bit delayed these days. And yes Pilgrim, I am aware that I need to get the fill plug at least started before doing the drain.
I was just curious why some think the fill plugs are where they are at. Actually where I found mine, they are not that difficult to get too once the car is in the air.

GT75Z

1 - 4 of 4 Posts