ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally ran my car I was set at 21 psi heres how it went first run i was taking it easy I pulled a 3.0 60ft and I ran a 14.20 @110mph the next run I reved it up a little bit when I launched and ran a 13.60 @109mph and then on the third run I set my 2 step limiter reved it to 5000rpms and built 4psi then launched and heard a loud pop and it looks like my half shaft broke off the rear end! What do yall think I should to upgrade my shafts so they will handle these launches. I still have Non turbo shafts, I have seen some people using 280zx halfshaft, my car has some easy 12s in it If I could launch.

Post Edited (Apr 1, 10:39pm)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ouch thats alot! Hey red do you think halfshafts out of a 1983 280zx turbo would be strong enough? I can get some for like 40 bucks from one of my friends and would that rearend have LSD? or do I have to find a 88-89 turbo rear.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bout how much them go for?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Matters where you get it from. It would be a good idea to get a non running turbo parts car, and get the bulletproof 5 speed tranny and LSD at the same time. Otherwise, $350-600 buyer depending.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
2nd on the 87-89 LSD, and 5 speed.

·
Registered
559 Posts
ouch man what the ****... 21 psi holy cow...im suprised you didnt run lower than that but hey i dont have a turbo i wouldnt understand..but yes you gotta do those supporting mods!!! or itll keep happening...the used halfshafts, if they do work, will only be around the strength you had in there...if you make some sort of upgrade, i dont know where you could find it, but youd be supporting your high hp high torque driving habits better lol... good luck man

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright thanks guys ill have to try to find a 87-89 turbo diff and shafts and then I wont get laughed at when there pushing my dead z off the track. It was a sad night people were thinking what the **** all that mph and no ET.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.