ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a 92 toyota truck 4x4 that my girl friend wrecked well i still have some parts laying around for it and my 76 280z afm did not pass the fsm test.well today i was moveing some of my parts around and seen that the toyota afm looked the same as my z's well i took the covers off and all the wire looked to be the same so i did the same test on it that i did on the z's but it passed i put it on the car and now it runs great the plug was the same.well what i want to know is has any one esle done this.

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: what?

mine is a 22re 4 cylinder.after i drove the car i did half to adjust the spring in the afm so that it did not open as easy.the spring make the flap open at a higher rpm.

· Registered
3 Posts
Re: what?

what were you thinking letting her drive it let me be your girlfriend i wont wreck you cars. how did she wreck it. i've never heard of using toyota parts on a zcar. theres a first time for everything. i guess. c-ya

· Registered
2,025 Posts
interesting!

I think it is the bosch L-Jetronic system that uses the mechanical afm. I originally thought that this system must have been outdated by the mid 80's as nissan went with the hot wire in the 84 300zx and never looked back. But I have seen mazda's with the afm (first gen miata) and I saw this guy lift the hood of his mitsu diamante at the tire store and it had one too. It couldn't have been older than a 90. From what I understand all the bosch systems that use the afm are rather similar and the afm's are intergangeable btw car companies. Mostly it just has to do with the size of the engine. Bigger afm's for bigger displacement rigs. I have heard that bmw units will work too, but have no first hand experience in all of this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.