ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pretty much have everything out of the way to drop the tranny. I just need the top two bolts. It is an automatic and i really dont want to have to pull the engine. Any ideas? My buddy works for a nissan dealer and says they have a special extension, where can i buy that?

·
Registered
678 Posts
I tried the really long extension with a swivel, but I couldn't get it to work for me. The bellhousing flared out too much to reach the bolt. I wound up simply foregoing the impact wrench and using ~15-20" of extension (plus a swivel) to reach it from whatever angle I could get.

It can be done, but have patience. If you can do it the other way, go for it.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I had to spray PB Blaster on the bolt, let it soak overnite and then with a couple of 1/2" extintions,swivel and a breaker bar I was able to get it out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have been doing this by myself, and its hard to get the extension on the bolt from under the car. im using two swivels and about 2 feet of extensions, but of 3/8. i dont have enough 1/2 to clear the tranny to get the impact on it. i can reach the bolt from the top and get a socket and a wrench on it, but i cant get leverage. everyone at my house is lazy and does not want to help.i also dont know anyone around here that knows anything about these cars.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I did not even use a swivel or extension on mine when I pulled the engine and tranny. I used a 14mm socket and ratchet on it thru the top, granted it was very very tight.

Now that I think about it, I dont remember if it was a wrench or ratchet...but either way, I didnt use an extension...

·
Registered
14,442 Posts
Lower the tranny jack a bit and it should tilt the engine and tranny back a bit. This should give you the room you need.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Swivel works, but for what it's worth I lay underneath and reach around the tranny to the top with a 14mm wrench and do it that way. Might be more difficult if the bolts are really siezed on there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.