ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used these on first gen z cars? If so, how do they fit and how is there quality? Any clearance problems on the front brace/hood? TIA, Brian

· Registered
2,185 Posts
Something to consider before

doing business with top end performance.

click here

You also might want to do a search of the archives under top end performance for quite a few more opinions-almost all of which are along the same lines...

· Registered
507 Posts
I have them on my 72...

These braces are wonderful products. They are FAR superior devices to the turnbuckles that MSA sells. I originally bought one for the rear of my car. The part was easy to fit and it looks great. I figured the product would work well by design, but the finish quality surprised me.

After getting the rear one, I decided to replace my MSA front bar. The MSA bar is a piece of crap that should never be purchased. It literally is a ball-end turnbuckle. The hardware for the MSA part is also awkward. I stil have yet to find the size for the allen head harware. It's not ASE...it's not metric..WTF!

Some will argue that the TEP front bar is not a good idea because it is not legal in either SCCA ITS or SP because it is triangulated to the firewall. This is true.....but then again my deisel crank isn't legal either.

I'm not going to tell you that TEP is in any way a good company. I haven't had any experience with them from a technical point of view. Their customer service does leave something to be desired. These bars are built as they are ordered, so expect a 1-2 month lag on getting it.

· Registered
323 Posts
Re: I ordered one for my 82

when I got the triangular bar, it didn't even fit and Top End would not help me with it. They said it was for my car but the side brackets did not quite line up with the bolt holes. So I had to cut one end off and re-weld itmyself.
That wasn't too much trouble because the stupid thing looks homemade anyway. They have sloppy looking welds all around and its not even completely painted. And I paid $200 for this thing.

Just look at the picture of theirs and make your own. They preached about how they have so much better support for their poducts, but its all a lie. They ignore you after they have your money.

· Registered
574 Posts
Re: I ordered one for my 82

SOUNDS FAMILIAR........
I know a Doctor friend they beat for thousands of dollars......
Steve Nelson the owner is a - - - - and I told him so several times, funny part is he knows he's everything people say he is.

· Registered
1,244 Posts
TOP END SUCKS

Steve is the BIGGEST rip off person I have ever came across. Sure he talks real well. He has screwed me and along with others... Anyone ever heard of new valves set at 3 & 4? Tim's new motor... yup straight from TEP. Me... new stainless steel valves way too long, cam towers not set right too... OH YEA!!! That's right!!! He told me that my head was shaved before!!! LOL Sorry Steve but your wrong again... $300.00 to refix his head job. Have you ever tried to get a part exchanged??? Good luck... Never there when you call... suddendly forgets how to check emails...LOL He likes to sell stuff that's not proper for different set ups. Yup got a few of us there too! Then tells you that YOU are wrong and don't know what we are talking about... Let's put it this way.... GOOD luck to you.

Donna
I really loved the part when he told me that Centerforce doesn't know what they are talking about!!! This dude is lost for sure

· Registered
1,244 Posts
Joel....

It's not nice to talk about OUR best BUDDY that way!!!
LOL....

Donna

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.