ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped the car off at a local shop called Nisstech last night. Twice they quoted me $390 (on the phone) to do the whole Energy Suspension Pro Kit. I asked how long they would have to keep the car and they said it would probably take the better part of a day (I was like WTF, but okay).

Anyway, got it up there last night, left it overnight, and leaving school this afternoon got a call from my mom telling me to go get it. I asked if they were done already, which seemed impossible, but she said "They said they won't do it for less than $1200."

We're taking it to the shop with the lift tomorrow and going to start breaking it down ourselves :-/

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
****,,$390 sounded too good to be true, but $1200,,geezz. That sounds like they wanted to run you off, bc they didnt want to mess with the job..

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, figure 70 hours for the job and what regular shops charge--$1200 sounds like a bargain. Still kinda pissed that they would change their mind after I got it there, but whatever.

I'm kind of excited though, because:
1) I don't have to trust some shop to take care of one of the most important parts of my Z.
2) Don't have to pay $1200, or even $390
3) There will be ample opportunity to clean up the subframe and associated parts
4) While my exhaust is off we're taking it to the shop to have testpipes put on!

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah we called around probably 5 or 6 different places, nobody would except this shop, and if they had known what they were getting into, they probably wouldn't have either.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
From my experience, wholesale bushing replacement is the WORST automotive improvement job there is! The end results are great, but the tedious nature of pulling all the suspension and driveline components, pressing out bushings, reinstalling, reassembling....it's really frustrating.

When I first started reading your post the quotes of "$390" and "better part of a day" made me almost fall off my chair. If it's the entire Energy Suspension kit, including all rear control arm bushings, diff carrier bushings, etc - I would imagine a competent shop could do it in 3-4 days. Those guys had no idea what they were talking about!!!!

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Another Official Thread Jack....

Mr. Z1 ZONLY....I see you quote ZFreak (Dallas) in your sig. How do you know
him? I helped him a bit with some wiring problems on his old 240 project when he lived in Omaha.
MaxDoc

·
Registered
13,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Scott - We started today, and 70 hours is seeming like an understatement--this is absolute INSANITY!

Maxdoc - Scott's right, but we talked for a while via email when he was getting rid of some parts. Very nice guy with a very nice Z project!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.