ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
besides heat and all that. Also on the pressure plate side are these weights on the fingers of the pressure plate. They are held together by a ring. The ring is broke, but all the weights are still on. The metal wire inbetween the weights is missing inbetween only 2. Is that normal? or is it suppose to go all the way around? it looks like it has been cut and pried on. I can post pics a bit later.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Re: took off my new centerforce 1/flywheel cracked badly! what c

from talking to many people I have heard that centerforce clutches are bad, so I guess they were right.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Re: took off my new centerforce 1/flywheel cracked badly! what c

Had a centerforce break apart and put a hole in my bellhousing the size of a quarter. My dad, who drove his Volvo nearly 600,000 miles and never used the clutch, except for putting it into reverse, told me A) it made a great inspection port, and B) the car should go faster as it was now lighter. I've had a CFII in there for about 10k miles now and I drive it very hard and have had no further problems.

·
Super Moderator
41,005 Posts
split ring...

as I recall, the ring holding the weights is not one-piece, but it's been a loooong time since I installed one, I would have someone confirm.
But sounds like you have one broken in two places, and I KNOW that's wrong. I would call midway industries and get on them for a free replacement---though it will only be honored if you filled out and sent in the product registration form when it was installed.

Cracks are from heat. Heat is from slipping. Slipping can come from poor clamping, oil on the surface, power overcoming capacity...

You have to figure out which it is to fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.