ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I start the Car I have HUGE black smoke screen coming out of the car. Have checked vacum line any Ideas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
> Every time I start the Car I have HUGE black
> smoke screen coming out of the car. Have
> checked vacum line any Ideas

Im glad someone brought this up. I still haven't got my z running yet. Is it possible to have a flooding problem in a fuel injected '78? I'v replaced so far: computer, air flow meter. All injectors injecting, all sensors sensing. I thought you only needed three things to run an internal combustion engine: air, gas, timed spark?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
> Every time I start the Car I have HUGE black
> smoke screen coming out of the car. Have
> checked vacum line any Ideas
if you are having problems with your z running go to search at the bottom of the screen and search for msg for scott musgrave-77 280z. I think the info there may help you in your quest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
> if you are having problems with your z
> running go to search at the bottom of the
> screen and search for msg for scott
> musgrave-77 280z. I think the info there may
> help you in your quest.
Check your fuel return line to see if it is pluged
cant hurt
Dave S
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
> Every time I start the Car I have HUGE black
> smoke screen coming out of the car. Have
> checked vacum line any Ideas
What is the fuel pressure? You may want to leave an inline guage hooked up, as an injector including the cold start injector may be bleeding off, then burning off when you first start the car. Does it clear up, and run good after the smoke screen clears? Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
> What is the fuel pressure? You may want to
> leave an inline guage hooked up, as an
> injector including the cold start injector
> may be bleeding off, then burning off when
> you first start the car. Does it clear up,
> and run good after the smoke screen clears?
> Joe

More often than not with these symtoms its the cylinder head temp. sensor, or the wiring. Either a short or a broken connection on this component will cause problems with the fuel system. They are esay enough to check. You can take a multimeter and check the resistances, or get a 1k resistor and plug it into the connector. The engine will run, but poorly. A quick and easy fix if it wont run at all.

Will.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top