ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put in a set of EIBACH springs in my 76' 280z 2+2, now I ride too low.
I know the springs are in the correct direction
and side. The car droped about 2 inches from the stock springs. I scrub on driveways and railroads.
I currently run ENGLEND 14 x 6.5 on 195-60-14,
and I would like to go to 16's or even 17's.
please help me raise my z.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
> I just put in a set of EIBACH springs in my
> 76' 280z 2+2, now I ride too low.

This is somewhat subjective. Nobody can tell you how high or low is acceptable for you. But actually, how low are you talking about? What is the ground clearance you are experiencing right now?

> I know the springs are in the correct
> direction
> and side. The car droped about 2 inches from
> the stock springs. I scrub on driveways and
> railroads.
> I currently run ENGLEND 14 x 6.5 on
> 195-60-14,
> and I would like to go to 16's or even 17's.
> please help me raise my z.

Well, increasing your tire size might very well increase your ground clearance. It sounds like you'd either want to do that, or else put the old springs back on and sell the Eibachs to someone else.

FWIW, there's no free ride on decreasing the ride height. The increase in handling ability can be mind-boggling, if the rest of the car is set up properly. But you'll have some intolerance of idiotic road obstacles such as speed bumps, driveways set up by morons, that sort of thing. The way I look at it, that's in no way your fault.

A lot of people address this problem by selling their road cars and driving back and forth to work etc. in a tractor. I personally think this is somewhat extreme. :^b

Doug Dawson
[email protected]

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
>Hey Doug,
Don't get down on on tractors! I drive a Landcrusier this time of year, It snowed all day yesterday...And It's nice to think of the Z all snug and warm inside. But I too laugh at myself as I drive Farm Equipment.
I'll Z you in the Spring!
Larry

·
Registered
715 Posts
There are two different sets of eibach springs availible, the prokit and sportline, one drops the car 1 and the other drops the car 2+ sounds to me like you got the wrong kit.

Evan

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you sure

I didn't think Eibach made the 2 drop for the Z.
Last time I checked their web page and other material they only made the 1 drop spring.

> There are two different sets of eibach
> springs availible, the prokit and sportline,
> one drops the car 1 and the other
> drops the car 2+ sounds to me like you
> got the wrong kit.

> Evan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.