ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Premium Performance shocks? Any good? They are cheap at Ultimate Z. All 4 / $272.00. I noticed some seepage on my fronts. 102k and still oem shocks. I don't see me adjusting adjustable shocks. 95na coupe summer car.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I have tokico illuminas (?) and they are really good. I feel its good to have adjustability because sometimes you just feel frisky.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
they have a terrible reputation on BMWs...not sure about the Z. go with the KYBs if you want to base your purchase on other users' recommendations.
dave

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
I have Takicos Lums in the front and HP (non adj) in the back. I am not sure how they compare to KYBs but I like them. Wish I had the adjsutments on all four corners.

A word about the adjustables. It is not that you will want to adjust them all the time. It is more that you have five different shocks you can test out and find the setting you like. THere is some much handling tuning that can be done with jsut the shocks: over/under steer, freeway bounce, a little on ride comfort, turn/break induced suspension dive. Before I really knew all this "handling" stuff, a freind convinced me by saying, "If you get non-adj and do not like the ride then you are stuck with them, with adj it is like you have four other chances to get it right.

Takico also makes the OEM units.

·
Registered
220 Posts
As far as I know, Tokico manufactures the OEM shocks on our cars. I assume the non-adjustables are similar to the OEM ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.