ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
I put Tokico Illuminas on my 88 turbo and am pleased with the ride conditions although I did not change the springs, just new struts and shocks.
Do a search on the subject to see other persons opinions. That should give you an idea.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
depends on your goals.

The Tokico springs are a linear rate. This would make them handle the same no matter the degree of turning. They are fairly soft springs.

The Eibach's are progressive rate. They are supposed to be softer on the street and firm up more as you push them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Never had Tokico springs but gotta say I love my Eibach's. Keep in mind Eibachs are progressive but they do "firm up" quickly. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: bilstein struts

Hi all. I have an 85 turbo with 80k on it. My 20 year old struts are worn out.
1. Has anyone replaced the electric stock struts with Bilstein struts?
2. What have you used for a ride that will come close to stock if not Bilstein?. I'm an old man and I just enjoy the ride as original as I can get.
3. Do the struts you may suggest come complete without the need for anything else? And, while I'm at it,
4. whats up with the rearend axles being worn down? Some other Z freak said because of the position of my rear wheels (somewhat toe"out") that the ends of the axles were worn down. The rear end does leak some.
5. Thanks.

www.black-hills-praise-radio.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.