ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this kit and am having it installed at a shop. They said they installed it today but they noticed the rear end sat up 2 inches higher and the front was lower then the rear... They said it's the springs but I know I got the right kit and ****..Is it suppose to sit like that? Because I heard it's suppose to drop the car. They compared the new ones to the old ones and noticed the new ones were taller then the old ones..wut's up with that?

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Ever heard of the 300zx rear squat. The 300zx is notorious for having a really bad rear end squat becuase by now the springs and/or shocks in the back are really worn down. In general with old cars it's not uncommon for "lowering springs" to make the car sit up higher than when it was "stock." A stock spring that has began to sag could have the same or lower sitting rate of a performance spring. I've seen it a lot on the 70-78 Z's where people put in some performance springs and the ride height didn't change. For instance lets say stock ride height is 6 inches off the ground from the bottom of the car. Now after 20+ years the car is sitting 5 inches off the ground. Now you install a performance spring kit that is supposed to lower the car 1 inch from stock. So you install it and notice the ride height is still at 5 inches. Nothing is wrong, it's just that your old stock springs were sagging. In your case it seems the rear springs were sagging so bad that they were lower than your new springs.

Now thats one option of what happened. The other thing that could have happened is they put the front springs in the rear and put the rear springs in the front. Again a common thing that happens during install. Did this kit come with springs only or also with shocks? Maybe some pics from the side so we can see just how uneve things are for better advice.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The kit came with shocks and springs. I'll call them to make sure they didn't put the front srpings in the rear and the rear springs in the front but you must be pretty dumb to do that because one set of springs is fatter then the other set is thinner. Like one is set is wider then the others but I'll call anyways to make sure. I called them and asked if they had installed the parts yet and they said they installed the springs and shocks and asked me what they are for, I told them the ride was harsh and stuff and the springs were to lower it down an inch and that's when he told me that stuff I said above, on my first post. So it's nothing real serious right?

·
Registered
958 Posts
[SARCASM]THE REAR SQUAT!!!! ALVERO WARNED US! OH GOD! OH GOD! You have no choice but you have a Z32 rear end installed on your car for $1000. If you don't, you should take a sledge hammer to your car. So says the Z GOD Alvero. [\SARCASM]

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called the shop today to ask if they are sure if they put the front springs in the front and the rear springs in the rear and they said yes because of the diamater of the springs. They asked if I saw the car with the springs installed and I said no because I wasn't sure where the car was. They said it sat up pretty high. I told him what some people told me about the springs sagging after so many years and they said yeh that could be it too. But they said it sits pretty high.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called Tokico and talked to one of there people and told them the problem, they said it's a big problem because it shouldn't be like that. They asked me if they are sure they put the front springs in the front and the rear springs in the rear and I said yeh they said they are sure they did. So I have to get the parts number off the springs to make sure they did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.