ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any body installed the hpk 251 kit by tokico. this weekend i have been installing new bushing, sway bars, and struts and springs on my 72 240. i am curious about the way the springs seat. when i lowered the car the coils seemed to compress quite a bit. the first three coils are touching each other and the rest ony appear to have about a 1/4" or so between them. the car appears to be at the correct drive height, and it seems fairly stiff, but not as stiff as i expected it to be. can any body tell me if this sound normal for these kits. also i purcased some transmission mount busshings from MSA but i had to cut the bushhings about 1/4" so that they would fit, same with the metal sleeve that goes inside the bushhing. is that normal? any insight would be helpful. thanks. oh! also i swapped my four speed with a five speed from a 79 280. the clutch fork does not have a hole in it for adjustment like on my 72. can i drill it out? should i bend the new shift lever or leave it somewhat straight. thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.