ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed new KYB AGX struts with TT stock springs and all new bushings...

Installed SpecialtyZ subframe spacers...

Installed new ES front anti-sway bar bushings...

and dodged a 4.5 hour trip up to Rockford, IL to the inlaws place for the weekend!

I'm showered now and I'm going for a drive.

(Sorry, no pics. Bri has her camera and mine has a light sensor problem. It takes really blurry pics and light seems to agrivate the problem.)

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
cool, i did nothing today. But lately I...

painted wiper dark grey color like sidemirrors
painted brackets grey, and bolts black in engine bay

next couple days I...
put on ASP pulley
new PCV valves
paint balance tube (?) PS resoiver grey
paint trim/cowls

figured i'd contine on ;)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
How hard were the Spec. Z subframe spacers to install? I need to fix my wheel hop situation under extremely large wheel spin acceleration or high traction surfaces. Hard to get a positive or negative feel for what they do since you have done shocks as well as a complete suspension redo though.

But - how do they feel anyway? :)

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The spacers are really easy if you get the 4 piece set that goes under the suframe instead of the eight piece set that goes above and below it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
What I did today :

Put in a new oil pump, as part of swapping an L20 motor into my '72 510 wagon DD. Painted radiator shroud, and spash pan. And diddled around with getting all the water hose connections aligned and tightend up. And tried to ignore that it was snowing.

Man, with all the room in the engine comparment, it's almost like I have room for a whole second engine !!

Those were the days !!

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.