ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did it quit running while driving it? Or was it running fine, you shut it off, and when you tried starting it, it wouldn't start? Just cranks over.

If it was the later, the same thing happend to my ZXT. It was running great, parked it at home, and it wouldn't start the next morning. Fuel pump was still coming on, and I was getting spark. It turned out to be the head temp sensor. It came unplugged while driving, and still ran good. But it wouldn't start until I found it and plugged it in. Is yours good? Maybe it is loose or dirty. I took mine off again to see for sure if that was my problem, and when I take it off, it doesn't start.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Its not on the road yet not until march
it was sitting for about 2 days then I went to start it and drive it around the drive way just to keep every thing lubed but it just would not start

I will look at it I think I looked once before I pushed on it to make sure that it was in right
but who knows if that was the right thing I was pushing on=)

Thanks

Jeff 280ZXT

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
One more thing by the I think its the EFI unit on the driver side right in front of the door there is a green and black wire that go into a clear plastic end its not pluged into anything
where does it go? maybe that came undone and thats my problem maybe,,,

I will check the head temp sensor tomorrow its 2am right now and I want to Quake it alittle bit before I go to bed

Jeff280ZXT

·
Registered
486 Posts
This may be a far cry for an answer, but it happened to me. My 83 N/A ran great one day, came out the next morning and it wouldn't start. Missed a Calc II test that day, professor not very happy. What it was was I could hear the fuel pump come on and then off. I assumed I had fuel, but did not have enough being delivered. I bought a new pump, but that was not it. The wire from the battery, not one of the big ones, but like a 12 gauge one was corroded down inside and I couldn't see it, the plastic was hiding it. Replaced that wire, everything was happy. Corrosion sucks! They are hard to find and annoying because they can be intermittant.
Good Luck,
Joshua L.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I pulled it off and looked at it and it was clean pluged it back in and nothing

WHY ME? Im 15 not to much money need the car to get a better job even if I do work for a race car builder the job sucks because Im not learning anything I took the job to learn

oh well maybe if I take it to the shop it will be under $1000

why do the ones you love always hurt you? why oh god why!

Jeff 280ZXT

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
if anything I think Im getting to much fuel
going from the battery there is the black ground there is a green wire small not going to anything its about 6 long I don't think it was hooked to anything when the car ran

Jeff 280ZXT

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
This is kinda weird the FuelPump relay-2 is not there hmmmm is that a back up relay? its getting fuel the relay is the 5th one

0+0

the + is the missing relay what about your car?
does it have it?

jeff 280ZXT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.