Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Final posting regarding the below...

To any who had indicated they were going to, or others who want to, drop by tomorrow, 02/04/2006, and:

-Shoot the breeze
and/or
-Lend a hand with install of ES bushings in the rear subframe and diff carrier bushings and plenum swap
and/or
-need some hands to get some stuff done to your Z

I have a pretty complete set of tools, jack stands, air compressor, etc. And a boost/vacuum leak detector too if anyone wants to test their Z. The only thing I do not have that will be needed is a SawzAll, if you have one please bring it! Only tools I need to get, tonight on the way home, are a set of crows feet sockets and some bolts to use getting the new ES bushings in.

or if just want to to just watch others bust their knuckles and curse while you eat some pizza and drink some beer here are the details!

Here are the details
Time: 10:00 AM till?
Phone: 919.749.3435 NOTE! if you call tomorrow I may not hear the phone ring due to noise in the garage, etc.
Address:
4013 Falls River Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27614

Thanks ahead of time and look forward to seeing any that show up!

Will post pics afterwards of course!

Kenny West

·
Registered
673 Posts
pizza... beer.... cars.... I WANNA GO!!!! too bad almost every single state is in between us. i shall drink tomorrow in celebration of your new ES bushings!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
sounds good, let me hotwire.com some plane tickets...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK then.. for those of you who cannot

make it here but would like to, heck even those who do not want to... Please do this (due to the PITA I have heard the subframe and diff carrier bushings can be)

1. Go out tonight and buy the following:
~2 incense sticks
~bottle of Jose Cuervo Gold tequila
~two feathers

2. Tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM EST do the following:

~Light one incense and stick it in your Z's exhaust pipe
~Pour two shots of the Jose Cuervo
~Light the other incense and hold it in your right hand
~Slam down one of the shots of Jose Cuervo
~Jump up and down 3 times on your left foot while waving the incense
~Slam down 1/2 of the other shot of Jose Cuervo while jumping up and down on your right foot
~spin to the left 3 times
~pour the remaing shot on the feathers and scream like a little girl

Hopefully if enough of you do this the Z Gods will bless us and all will go well, no issues getting the old bushings out and the new ES ones will go in the first try.

Post Edited (Feb 3, 12:03pm)

·
Registered
198 Posts
yeah i'll probably be there to shoot the **** with you guys. But it'll probably be around 12ish cause its saturday and I can sleep in. Anyway see some of yall tomorrow

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME AND HELPED!

I cannot say enough thanks to Darrell, Eric, Phil and Eric's dad for coming over and spending pretty much all day today lending a hand to drop the diff and subframe to install the ES bushings! None of us had done it before so it was a definite learning experience for all!

Pictures of the event to come tomorrow! Too tired now to post!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.