ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did you get such a big mouthed Air Dam? I can find one like that anywhere. Will I have to make one? I Just cant find any with a nice big hole for my intercooler.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
That is the 87-89 stock front end!! I welded some tabs on the bottom of the I/C. removed all of the Plastic and the Fog light stuff. Cut the fog light brackets off the bumper support. Mounted the I/C with a Two tabs on top, and bolted it to the bumper. All I did on the Bottom, was heat up the plastic a bit, and stretched it over the tabs I welded on the I/C. I then drilled holes in the cover, and bolted it in place. For support, I used two metal rods (Fender supports from a 1984 Oldsmobile) They were cut to size, and bolted on. Thats it!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
This is a dumb question but I don't have much turbo experiance--does an inner cooler replace the radiator?

·
Registered
185 Posts
No, Intercooler cools the Intake charge from the Turbo, the Radiator trys to keeps the coolant water mixture flowing through the motor at a resonable temperature

·
Registered
793 Posts
I see so you have to find a place to put both rad and I/C thats what I thought but wasnt 100% so I figured I would ask.

Thanks
Ben

·
Registered
559 Posts
remember that this is going to depend on the size of the intercooler as well..and your piping will not fit just like hybrids did... remember how z31s take nearly all custom work to make fast, this just proves the point further lol

·
Registered
861 Posts
I wish I could have done that with my front lip.. but mine's V-mounted instead of front-mount, and a bit larger, so I didn't get that option...

It sure looks nice though 88.. I guess I'm just going to shave my front down smooth and leave it at that..

Heh, took a picture before I got it level:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.