ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the Revolution 7x17 inch rims, What tires and size should I run.

225, 50, 17????

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
532 Posts
Today I mounted a 215/45/17 on a Team Dynamics 17x7 for a 240Z. This tire is about as wide as you want to go on a 7 inch rim. If you had a 7.5 you could use a 225. On the 7, a 225 will be a little too wide. Also, the 215/45/17 works out to the same height as the stock 195/70/14. That way your speedo stays accurate.

Ian

·
Registered
532 Posts
We put on the Monza. They did not require a spacer, but we did have to slightly chamfer the centerbore so that it would fit over the front hubs. Otherwise, they bolt right on. If you are going to order them, make sure you get the low offset and they will drill them for the 4x4.5.

Ian

·
Registered
153 Posts
I too - just yesterday had a set of TOYO 215/45/17 mounted on my 280ZX. I used a set of TENZO-R AV-7 white seven spoke wheels. What a difference -- in both the looks and the handling. I had two people pull me over to see where I got the wheels (rims to some).

The car handing is MUCH more positive even though it has been lowered and has aftermarket suspension goodies. The car handles like a roller skate on rails.
Tracking is unbelievable straight as an arrow even though the street surface was as wavy as a roller coaster.

Ride may be a little harsher, but not enough for me to be sure.

I had to use spacers, but they keep the wheels away from the brake rotor dust.

So far I have noticed no clearance problems. The loaded radius is only 0.2 inches different. when converted to circumference, the speed is only 1.8 mph slower at 70 mph -- so no speedo change is necessary.

As you may can tell - I LIKE THEM

I would not suggest using any wider tire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.