ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 240z w/ the six spoke snowflake wheels, and I'm looking for a nice, wide pair of tires that is not going to rub, and also not break the bank too much. any suggestions? thanks! oh, and approx. price for a set of four would be nice, if you know them. thanks!

-andrew
73 240z
82zx

·
Read Only
3,883 Posts
BFG 215 60 14. the ta with the h rating not that expensive and they look good and hold the road. james
pittsburgh pa

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
This depends on how big you want to spend. The min. is 195HR-70X14 Dunlop D-60/65 series for about $230(or less) installed at Sears on sale. These are decent OE types. You can go up from there. I'd go with the next lower profile (60 series)/larger tread size, tho.

I like Bridgestone Potenza's, but they cost more unless you can find a deal.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Definately white raised letters--either BFG Radial T/As or General Road Huggers.
I also have the snowflake design wheels--did you get yours from a zxturbo? I plan on getting the Radial T/As in p205 60 r15. They look real nice with white letters!!
-80zxgoldie

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Try Kumho Ectasa (something that sounds similiar to exstasy anyway) they are great tires. Very sticky with amazing tread wear - too things that don't usually go together and I didn't believe it till I got a set. Or the new Falken Ziex is good, although I haven't had them long enough to know how they wear. Neither is very expensive with the Kumho's being cheaper.

Matt

·
Registered
651 Posts
I've always thought BFG Comp TA was a really nice tire. Very sticky, but good in the wet too. That's what I'll put on when my current tires wear out, they came on the car when I bought it. '72 240. The current tires are RaceMaster M-H Radial 225/60 R14 and they look very nice but do hit the fenders on bumps sometimes.
SoM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.