ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on wedensday im going to get the windows tinted on my ae. 5% on rear 3 and 30% on front 2 for $235. but i have one prolbem, there is a sticker in the driver side rear window saying about the 1984 california emissions. do i have them take it off or jus have them put the tint over it? what do u guys think

·
Registered
958 Posts
lol. ask some1. Call an automotive shop that does inspections and ask if its legal to take it off (unless you already know). If its legal... ditch it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I'd dump the sticker unless you're living in California. The car is 21 years old and the emissions control used on engines that long ago are no where near the technology of emissions control used in this day and age. By the way.......isn't $235.00 a LOT for a tint job? Had mine done for $150.00 with a 5 year warranty and a first class job. Good luck.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$160 for 3 rear. $75 for 2 front. a few people i kno have gone to this place and it was a very nice job. the tint have a lifetime warranty on bubbling, cracking , pealing etc. i am just going to have them take off the sticker

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Ill be paying around 300 for my tint job. My friend is giving me the contact info of a guy who does MBs and porsches and uses this new kind of high quality tint.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ya, that does seem pretty expensive. Tint hasnt changed that much over the years, and you may be getting sold something that really isnt all that special. Look into the brand and type before paying twice what you should.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
They wont (shouldn't) do it with stickers on the windows anyway; the film wont take and you'll get mega air bubbles.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Ill get the info from my friend and post it here, dnev.

·
Registered
297 Posts
my tint is getting old and is bubbling at the corners, and it's started to turn pretty purple. is it pretty easy for a qualified tint shop to strip off the older tint and put on something nicer? or do you think they will try to charge me more?

·
Registered
42 Posts
They will charge you for removing the old tint.

I have a good friend who does tinting and is about as good as they come. I have known him since HS so he will do any car for me for $100. Needless to say I never shop anywhere else!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.