ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever done this............ i cant find a set of shades for them.......... dealer wants me to buy the whole t-top...... I live in AZ and i think if it sits in the sun with tint or vynle that the tops might crack from overheat........ For those who have no idea what im talking about with them overheating.... tint blocks out the sun but it also absorbes alot of heat......... making the window, or t-top in this case get really hot..

i just got off the phone with another dealer........... turns out they do sell the shades seperately.............. they just cant tell me if theyre in stock because they stopped making them............ oh yeah and heres the funny part............. they want $200 for the passenger side and $220 for the drivers side..........how the fukk is a piece of cardboard worth $200???? it must be all the technology they put into the clips.......

If anyone has a set of shades they could go without let me know.... My interior is blue, but ill take a set of black or gray ones...... no red please.......

Post Edited (Mar 7, 1:27pm)

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
how much are you willing to spend? I've got some good looking tan ones..Don't really need them here in SD
These will fit a coupe, not 2+2.

Post Edited (Mar 7, 1:42pm)

·
Registered
724 Posts
Bob.........I know what you mean about the heat and sun. Living here in Florida, we have about 8-9 months of fairly hot weather but.....not as hot as it gets where you live. I put in a request on here back in August of 04 and one of the guys (Cypress Downs) responded with the exact interior color I needed and the shades were in great condition. I'm sure someone on here will be able to hook you up. Good luck.
And....speaking of heat.....a few years back when I worked at a dealership, it was very slow one day so we decided to conduct an experiment. We took 6 thermometers (all the same) and put them in six different color vehicles (also all the same model) with different interior colors. The cars were sitting on the lot in the mid-day sun. It was during the month of July and we did this at 1:eek:opm. After 3 hours we checked the thermometers and all six read the same temperature. The only difference we found was the temperature on the outside (not by thermometer, but by touch) was warmer on the darker colored models. In addition, none of the cars had tinted windows as they were base model units of their line.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would really like blue(black or gray)......... tan is kind of too dif....

I work at a train yard...... and i inspect brand new cars before they are removed from the railcars......... last year we put a thermometer in the top of a railcar just to see how hot it would get......... it was 115 degrees out that day and 145 in the railcar........... thats hot.......... but as they say around here...."atleast its a dry heat"........... i find that really funny.......... ever ride a motorcycle over a freshly paved road in florida? I did it here last year and ill never do it again.......... it was only like 105 out but i had to stop at a light.......... needless to say, i took a shower when i got home..... the great thing is that it actually feels like the air is burning you as you cruise down the road..........

Post Edited (Mar 8, 9:43am)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
you know, if it was really hot and sunny out I wouldnt really bitch about what color they are. if they blockied the sun Id be happy with them...but I did find a pair of black ones long time ago so I got lucky hehe

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I don't think they're really tan...I alwasy thought my interior was tan, but I recently got a new tan radio bezel and it doesn't match up at all. So I think they're actually gray? I can take a better quality pic tonight with higher color contrast to check, if you're still interested.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i kinda thought they were gray................. they really dont look tan at all................ how much do you want for them???? **** **** ****............ those are for a 2 seater arent they......... mine is a 2+2.... are they really different????????????

·
Registered
724 Posts
Bob........if you find some sun shades, they do have to be from a 2+2. Keep hunting and good luck.

Special Ops Lives

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a hellavu time getting the plastic buttons to stay attached to the glass. I live in Florida also & it gets hot as the hinges of ****.

I finally got it the mounts to stay using something like JB weld.

If that didn't work, I was going to try those pull down shades with suction cups that you use to keep the sun off the baby!

WGF

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.