ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the bare minimum that must be removed to get the top timing belt covers off? i have another set i want to install that i want to paint gloss black. I believe all is needed to be removed is the water pipes correct? I guess drain some coolant also?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Throttle cable cover (not absolutely necessary), CAS plug, fan, fan clutch, upper coolant pipe, lower coolant pipe, PTU and associated wires (if it's not relocated), ummm...

I think that's it.

The drivers side one comes off easy. It's the passenger side one that requires most of the parts to come off.

Post Edited (Jan 2, 8:28pm)

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
It's pretty tight in there - if you can pull the radiator that w

nm

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Yeah.. the PTU relocation is kind of a PITA because of unwrapping the wiring... but it makes it look a lot cleaner. I did mine when I did my water pump last.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Underneath the nose panel. Since you don't have the stock air box, the holes on the side will work perfectly for mounting the PTU in there.

I spliced the wires back just past the side of the cam cover, and then ran them behind the radiator into the air filter area. That's the best way IMO, it's totally accessable, bolted, and completely hidden (as are the wires)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
and after you relocate the PTU you can shave off the holes for the attachments on the passenger side timing belt cover and the useless fins on the drivers side. Dropped mine off yesterday to get professionally done along with the fan shround. Doing in high, HIGH gloss black with just a pinch of silver flake... Pictures to come in a week... :)

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
I'm relocating my PTU as part of the t-belt mtce ...

my plan was to just put some stainless hex head type bolts into the PTU screw holes and call it a day.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
Bob - thx so much!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.