ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Nissan Experts i am in need of guidance! I have replaced every thing in the front end, seals, water pump, etc. I have lined up all the cam gears and put the timing belt on and lined up the timing belt marks with the timing belt and i then rotated the crankshaft 720 degrees. The marks then were off by about 10 teeth and i rotated it several times and it has only gotten within 2 teeth of the cam gear marks and every other time i rotate it the marks move or come back to the same position that it has already been in? So is this normal or am i missing a certain step or do i need to move the belt and get it to line up every rotation? Please Help!!!!!! Thanks

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
nope. you are good. you will need to rotate it lots more if you are going to get the marks to line up again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok! Because i was really freakin out! i had every thing lined up and got the auto tensioner in place and re-adjusted it to its proper extension about 4mm! and the belt keeps moving teeth left and right! Also, would deatschwerk 270cc injectors cause me to fail emissions since i had an injector out i went ahead and replaced all of them with the newer style and got the adapter kit??

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
i read somewhere you have to rotate it 400+ times or some ridiculous number like that to get it lined up again

·
Registered
449 Posts
jamaz12 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Also, would deatschwerk 270cc injectors
> cause me to fail emissions since i had an injector
> out i went ahead and replaced all of them with the
> newer style and got the adapter kit??

If you aren't throwing a code the guys at the inspection station will probably just look at your exhaust and make sure you have cats, depending on the year of your Z.

Or at least that's what they did for me.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
If the injectors are new, they should not cause you to fail. Post your numbers for the emissions test. Some on here can help you out.

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
I know ALL about that emissions stuff Alpha Omega helped me out with Graphs based on my output #'s.. JT gave me sage wisdom ( along with many others )..

Post #'s...

What state??

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright will definitely post the numbers as soon as i get her back on the road and running! I'm soldering the new injector connectors now! now on the connectors does it matter which injector terminal receives the negative signal or is it just gonna shoot the signal through and pass out the other end?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, Ive put the upper manifold back on and run into a Problem! With these injectors they sit straighter than the older stock style! So when i went to clip the injector connectors on the #1 injector is sitting partially under the upper manifold and the only way i see around it is grinding it out! only other way i see maybe is if you could take the manifold off and turn the injector backwards, but would that mess anything up in the injector flow or anything?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.