ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know that somewhere ther is a timer for the aux. blower for the injector lines, which is supposed to turn it on for a set time after the car is shut off, however I do not know where it is. Some help would be appreciated on this subject, as my blower wont work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The fan motor timer unit is located inside the R.H. dash side panel (Kick panel on passenger side). According to the diagram in the Factory Service Manual, it is the lowest relay of several located there [fuel pump relay, seat belt warning timer unit, and ignition accessary relay also there]. My fan does not work either, although the water temperature sensing switch in the thermostat housing checks out OK, and the fan itself will run when wired directly. I guess that my timer unit is bad as well, although I have more pressing problems at the moment. Good luck!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Have you checked your temp.sensor switch?
Located near the thermostat housing, remove the wire connecting to it, turn your ign. on then off, short the sensor wire to ground. this should start the fan, If it starts the fan, the sensor is bad.Otherwise the timer is defective..Or the fan motor is at fault.I have schematics for the circuit, e-mail me if you need them.
LloydTommyW wrote:
>
> OK, I know that somewhere ther is a timer for the aux. blower
> for the injector lines, which is supposed to turn it on for a
> set time after the car is shut off, however I do not know
> where it is. Some help would be appreciated on this subject,
> as my blower wont work.

·
Registered
643 Posts
It is behind the rh kick panel. Found it there when I had to replace the circuit breaker/relay for the power windows. The window breaker is attached to the aux blower thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.