ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tim, your advise is contrary to what SDS and the previous owner of the FPR says, BUT, considering the circumstances I will air on the side of caution. I will first see what the FPR registers, then I can use the SDS rich/lean knob and play with mixture to see if I need to remap.

Halfshaft is in but had a big rainstorm all last night. Turbo, big tires and rain is not a good combination.

Scottie

Scottie

·
Registered
382 Posts
If the fuel rail pressure goes to 50 psi when you have 12psi of boost (as you mentioned), then the regulator is not a rising rate FPR. If it goes considerably higher than 50psi at 12psi boost, then it is a rising rate FPR. Remember... it's the pressure difference between the fuel rail and the intake manifold that determines how much fuel will flow for a given injector pulsewidth - not the rail pressure alone.

BTW, if you have a mityvac turbo tester (the kind that can make pressure, as well as vacuum), you can test this with the engine at idle and the car stationary. Just hook the Mityvac up to the FPR's pressure reference input, and run the pressure up. The fuel rail pressure should follow.

If you don't have one, you should get one - they are nice to have...

Good luck. let me know what you find.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.