ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I took the car to the local nissan dealership they said they removed the valve cover and there was no problem there. Then they told me they would have to remove oil pan and inspect for dammage but it would cost like $600 for that and I was told I had a thrown rod and very low compression on #1 and #2 cyl they also thought I might have cam dammage and crank dammage is this so?
what do you guys think am I toast? Important to response If I buy new crank, rods and rings and had a buddy who is a mechanic do the work for me what do you think the cost would be( mechanic part- that is

· Registered
532 Posts
Pull the oil pan yourself.....

Have a look, if there IS bottom end damage, then toss the motor and go get a runing one...... trying to bring an engine back from the dead is NOT worth it

who knows.. you might even want to drop in a l28t setup.....

· Registered
2,676 Posts
Usually if you "throw a rod" you wont be

The few times I have thrown a rod it usually results in a BIG hole somewhere on your engine along with lots of smoke (it's very dramatic). If you have a big clunky clunky it may just be a bad bearing. Pull the motor yourself and check it. If it is hooped buy a used one or if the crank in yours and the rods are OK rebuild it.

· Registered
433 Posts
Re: thrown rod?? loud CLACK CLACK CLACK- AM I TOAS

hey if its just your block that is bad I have an extra block and also a good p90 crank. But the crank is automatic. but I'll you would have to do is just have the end where the flywheel bolts on machinged down to to be fulsh with the rest of the end and wala instent manual cranks. Also I just total cleaned this extra block and repainted it the stock blue.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.