ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this shows how much i know about fuel injection... what is a throttle body, and what does it do? what would be a better upgrade for it? bigger, faster, more powerful? what are the advantages/disadvantages doing so? only thing i know much about preformance is the 4bbl carbs on huge v-8s someone please help me. i have money to blow, and dont want it to go to waste.
also, how do i get more power out of fuel injection, bigger injectors?
79 280zx
-chad

· Registered
4,034 Posts
it's like the butterfly plate on the 4 bbl carbs. it let you take in more air. Also just like 4bbl, not too big not too small. 302 with 1000 cfm holly is way too big

· Registered
7 Posts
A larger throttle body helps get more air & fuel in, then you have to get the exhaust out. So just changing the TB by itself does not help a whole lot. A bigger TB with a cold air induction, exhaust manifold, 2 1/2" exhaust, and a non restricvtive muffler helps a lot more. Good luck

· Registered
1,807 Posts
On our L series motors, L28 to be exact, putting on a 60mm throttle body will decrease 0 to 60 times by roughly .5 seconds with no additional mods, or at least thats what motor sports claims. also, if you do that , you have to port match the intake manifold. the other dude was right tho, the TB is like a butterfly on a standard carb. Giving yourself bigger injectors is a good way to get more power out of fuel injection, but only if you have to airflow to go with them. INjectors are like the jets on a carb, the TB is like the butterfly and last but not least don;'t forget the airflow meter, gotta upgrade that. You can skirt around getting bigger injectors by getting a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, all that does is up the fuel pressure the higher RPM's you have thereby increasing the flow of the injectors. hope this helps somewhat

McAdam

· Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
was that 1/2 second? or 5 seconds? i saw the .5 but when you pluralized the word "second" (seconds = more than 1) it threw me off. is there anything else gained by doing all of that, or would i just be wasting gas untill i get other preformance parts on?

-chad
79 280zx

· Registered
1,807 Posts
sorry, half a second, that would be ridiculous, 5 second 0 to 60 form a one part bolt on, my bad! i hear that it actually increases gas mileage on the highway, less restrictive intake passages and what not. I am sure that it will only add to whatever intake/exhaust mods you decide to do, have fun!

McAdam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.